Scope and Consent
This policy describes the ways Citypay Bilgisayar Teknolojileri ticaret Limited Sirketi (hereinafter referred as “Citypay” or “We” or “our” or “us”)) collect, store, use and protect Personal Data. The purpose of this policy is to ensure that Citypay complies with applicable Turkish Data Protection laws. Citypay’s Services include merchant processing services, products, or any other features, technologies or functionalities (hereinafter: “Services”) offered by Citypay.
There are six types of data subjects whose personal data we may process:
- Visitors of our websites;
- Merchants that sign up for our Services;
- Shoppers who indirectly interface with Citypay when paying a merchant’s invoice that is forwarded by Citypay to merchants during checkout.
What is Personal Data?
Personal Data is any information that can be directly associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. A prime example of identifiable information is a person’s name.
What kind of personal data do we collect?
The Personal Data we collect depends on the type of user:
1. Visitors: We may collect the following Personal Data for visitors of our websites
- IP address
- Email address (e.g. when you subscribe to our blog or opt in to receive other marketing materials)
- Phone number (e.g. when you contact our sales team or media team or opt in to our media list)
- Name (e.g. when you submit a support request)
We may collect information about a visitor’s computer or other access devices for fraud prevention purposes
2. Merchants: When opening an account, we may collect the following types of Personal Data of the beneficial owner or any user that is added to the account:
- Email address
- Identification documents
3. Shoppers of merchants: When a shopper is paying a Citypay invoice, the following Personal Data is captured:
- Email address
- IP addresses used to view the Citypay invoice
Furthermore, only upon the merchant’s explicit request, we will collect and store Personal Data for the merchant’s benefit only and as a service through our invoicing service. Personal Data that merchants may request from the shoppers are:
- Phone number
Additionally, for donations that are made through Citypay’s processing platform, the merchant might opt for Citypay to collect the following Personal Data as required by applicable local regulations:
- Donor’s name
- Donor’s email address
- Donor’s address
- Donor’s phone number
- Donor’s employer
- Donor’s job title
- Donor’s city of employment
In all cases mentioned above, Shoppers’ or Donors' information is processed and stored according to the same principles as we process / store our merchant’s Personal Data
4. Cardholders: When a user signs up for a Citypay, the following information is collected as part of the onboarding program:
- Date of birth
- IP address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Social Security Number
Sensitive or special categories of personal data
Citypay does not process any sensitive personal information, such as religion, race, ethnicity and/or political views.
Why we collect personal information?
Our primary purpose for collecting Personal Data is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your Personal Data to:
- comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- provide the Citypay Services and customer support you request;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- customize, measure, and improve the Citypay Services and the content and layout of our website and applications;
- deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
How we protect and store personal information?
We take security of data very seriously. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to Personal Data only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
How data subjects can access or change their personal data
Individuals have rights in relation to their Personal Data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete, correct, or restrict the processing of this Personal Data.
Merchants can review and edit their information by logging in to their account and reviewing their Personal Data under the Settings tab on the Dashboard. If you wish to change information relating to your industry or company website, you can send an email to Citypay.
We do not sell your Personal Data to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize the Citypay Services, content and advertising.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. The cookie allows the website to “remember” your actions or preferences over time. Most browsers support cookies, but you can set your browser to decline them and can delete them whenever you like.
What type of cookies do we use?
We send a “cookie” to your computer when you log in to your account or otherwise use the Citypay Services. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we do not need to ask you for your password on each page. Once you logout or close your browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
We also use longer-lasting cookies for other purposes such as to display your email address on our login page, so that you don't need to retype the email address each time you login to your account.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website. We may also collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk and for fraud prevention purposes.
You may encounter cookies from third parties when using the Citypay Services on websites that we do not control (for example, if you view a web page created by a third party or use an application developed by a third party, there may be a cookie placed by that web page or application.)
Managing your cookie settings
You can manage cookies through the settings of your Internet browser. You can have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, delete individual cookies or delete all cookies. Please note that, if you choose to delete Citypay cookies, your access to some functionalities and areas of our website may be degraded or restricted.
Changes to this policy